/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dining underneath guns

Today, I gave a speech to 100 tech marketers about the state of tech
marketing. The jokes didn't go over nearly as well as the serious content.
Which, I think, means I'm getting to be much less fun at parties.

The event's closing dinner was held aboard the HMS Belfast, a WWII-era
heavy cruiser now moored in the Thames.

Try though I might to find some profound analogy between warships and tech
marketing, I failed utterly.

...But the food was surprisingly good, and the dinner company fascinating.

..
.

Comments on "Dining underneath guns"

 

post a comment