/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Breadmaking as therapy for the un-stuck

It is an odd time to be making bread. My stepfather is in the hospital, my Flame-Haired Angel is on the other side of the planet, and my company is trying to decide what to do with me after they close their imminent merger.

Which, I suppose, is why I'm making bread every few days. No hope of eating it all. But there's something about making dough, seeing it slowly rise, and taking it out of the oven brown and bready. Grounding.

But I'm yearning for a puppy and about six months off work to bond with it.

That, and Flame-Haired Angel's arms. I could definitely bond with those.

..

Comments on "Breadmaking as therapy for the un-stuck"

 

post a comment