/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Secret Stationery Stasher

I hoard hotel stationery.

Some people take the soap. I take the stationery.

I have quite a collection in the drawer beside me. I always think I'll write letters on it but, somehow, it seems a sacrifice to let these momentos slip away from me in the post. But that's just wrong. Most of the sheets bear logos of the kind of business hotel whose over-thought design subtly communicates rigor mortis rather than coziness or class. An old McKinsey friend of mine once said that he'd been on the road so long he was beginning to expect that everyone's home should have a marble-clad lobby with high ceilings and unemotive abstract art.

But I don't think he collected the stationery.

Comments on "Secret Stationery Stasher"

 

post a comment