/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So long as we're traveling in poetry land...

The random web-walk that brought me to reminisce, last night, about Izumi Shikibu, had me drinking my draught of refreshed memory at Beautiful and Depraved. It's one of those blogs that proves "not safe for work" can also mean moving.

In addition to remind me to pay attention to my old love of Shikibu, Beautiful & Depraved also put a new (to me) fragment of a more recent favourite poet in my face:

One thousand half loves
Must be foresaken
To follow one whole heart home.

Rumi


So many people have written to me about the Shikibu lines, I feel obliged to mention that the other poet represented in The Ink Dark Moon is just as wonderful: Ono No Komatchi, who lived just slightly earlier than Shikibu.


I thought to pick
the flower of forgetting
for myself,
but I found it
already growing in his heart.

Ono No Komatchi

Comments on "So long as we're traveling in poetry land..."

 

post a comment