/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Yoda says write, bitch!

Yoda hollers a big shout-out over on the right side of the blog, from today.

I am participating in NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. The challenge? Post every day during November.

Every. Day.

Exquisite posts. Lame-o, crappy posts. Matters not, it does!

A hastily scrounged link. A YouTube vid of a cat falling into the toilet. Ha ha! It all counts! Every day is all.

That said, I'm going to do my best to use NaBloPoMo to steer Postrcardsfromhome back onto the meandering country road I had originally intended for it: a bit more personal reflection to engage both my virtual fountain pen and my engagement with the world around me.

The blog, itself, is a tool for that. But I often sit down to write and then don't because, well, writing is hard. Harder than scumping for amusing web video, anyway. Like so many thinkgs, I like the end-point of writing a lot. I even like the process of writing once I'm hip deep in it. It's the moment of beginning that is such a bitch, she is: the blank page or the lonely, blinking cursor.

This month, no chickening out.

It's all about the daily output, baby!

(Thanks, Mrs Kennedy!)

..

Comments on "Yoda says write, bitch!"

 

post a comment