/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Monday, August 14, 2006

My high school anthem

You know, I haven't heard anyone use the term "New Romance" in years and years and years. But, back then, it was a universe.

It's unclear whether Modern English never had another hit because they never wrote another good hook, or just because their front-man was much too unattractive to sustain stardom in a genre that was all about the look.

Ah, they were simpler times. I love the naive stagecraft in the video.

But what a gem.

It's been long enough, now, that I don't remember whether I ever made out with anyone with this song playing in the background, or whether I just thought about it so damn much it only seems that way.




..

Comments on "My high school anthem"

 

Blogger The Humanity Critic said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Just passing through, I love that Modern English song by the way..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

Long live the 80's it had the best music! Life was so free and easy. Great memories of pashing.

 

post a comment