/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Monday, May 08, 2006

Random walk down Paris streets

A couple of weekends ago, when Flame-Haired Angel was across the water, I got disgusted with my sedentary rut and took a long, random walk. One thing that makes walking in Paris so pleasurable is the casual giddiness that results from being smacked in the face with aesthetic serendipity as though it were the usual thing when one walks through a city. Of course, in Paris, it is the usual thing.

I pulled my camera out a handful of times, just to snap things that came into view as I rounded this or that corner. In most cities one can seek out beauty, but I know of no other city in which views like this sit casually around so many corners, like old ladies in ball gowns casually chatting on park benches.





Comments on "Random walk down Paris streets"

 

post a comment