/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Beauty in a different eye

Pardon the sorry scans.

I saw these two portraits of Australian aboriginal artists in the Qantas in-flight mag and was immediately moved by them. I haven't been able to articulate exactly why, but they continue to affect me. I can imagine there being humour in both images; a wry comedian could make mincemeat of each. Yet, somewhere on the path to a chuckle, something profound happens in an explosion of colour. These are exactly the kinds of portraits I'd like to hang on my wall.



Comments on "Beauty in a different eye"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

I guess I'm a little too PC (not finding them funny, but seeing that others would) from my photo eye ;)

 

post a comment