/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Lots of colours together, naked

After Shanghai, pretty much any city in the world looks multi-cultural. Paris sure does. White people, black people, brown people, and even "yellow" people. (If they're yellow, I'm freakin' fuscia.)

One of the most striking things about London, during my few minutes of wandering between Underground stations last week, was what an extreme mosaic it is. It may or may not be one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, but it's the most mixed bag I've seen in a long time. And it isn't just that there's a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colours walking around; it's that they're walking around holding each other's hands. I see a lot of black/white and Asian/Caucasian couples in my neighbourhood, but London makes Paris look romantically monochromatic.

Maybe my inner Cupid is a lefty, but seeing so many inter-racial couples made me wonder why more of the world isn't that way.

Comments on "Lots of colours together, naked"

 

post a comment