/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Sunday, July 31, 2005

French dissing

I was amused, Friday, reading the NY Times, when I happed upon Krugman's article about French vs American productivity.

Had a little smile on my face: Hmmm, thunk I. I'm sure I wrote something danged similar just a few scant weeks back.

Was further amused, yesterday morning when, on my daily jog around some favorite blogs, I noticed Norm, over at OneGoodMove, had pinged the same piece.

Neither Krugman's piece nor mine really gives a full view of what the French sacrifice, nor do either of us go into depth about the profound ills of the French state's finances. But I like Krugman's focus on culture and choice. And he really does dig it in with the "family values" irony.

Good stuff.

Comments on "French dissing"

 

post a comment