/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Blogging addict

Okay, okay. So the blog is my new toy.

Today, I was chuffed that one of my favorite bloggers cross-posted to my Rove piece. Check out OneGoodMove's Tuesday morning update for my proud little moment. I tune into OneGoodMove most days. It's a bit of sanity in the blogosphere. (Liberal politics alert.)

That I would be so chuffed that Norm, over at OneGoodMove, would cross-post me, shows just how new I am to the blogosphere. No news there. I started this gig a few weeks back, and the only thing that's really surprising is how addicted to it I've become.

There are 13 million blogs in the world, according to Technorati. Yet when I e-mailed friends and family to tell them about mine, I got a surprising number of replies along the lines of "What's a blog?" Or, more frequently, "I've heard about those blog things. Must check out yours one of these days so I know what one looks like."

If you're wondering what established blogs look like, here are a few notables:

My favorite blog: Sonata for Unfinished Yelling. The last update was a year ago, but the back catalog is so rich, it's still on the top of my list.

A famous personal blog: Stephanie Klein's Greek Tragedy. She's even been featured in the New York Times. She sure can write, but I fear I don't need "Sex and the Blog-ity".

A lefty political blog: DailyKos

A righty political blog: Power Line

And, for those wondering why on earth anyone in their right mind would start blog number 13,000,001, here are more than a few ideas.

Have fun out there, in the blogosphere.

Comments on "Blogging addict"

 

post a comment