/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Totally OK with being a ridiculous dog-parent

Being a childless couple in our mid-forties, we are an easy target.  Proclaim our besotted-ness with Taco to be the obsessive fulfillment of unsatisfied parental instinct, and most would presume you've got a prima facie case.  But I reckon it's barking up the wrong playpen.  I've been dog-obsessed my whole adult life, and baby-obsessed...well, never.  Having put off being a dog-parent until I felt my life stable enough to have the dog relationship I want, I've been hankering a long time.  So far as I know, it's not baby substitution.  It's simple wish fulfillment.

But I can't say it'd make any difference.  I am just as crazy about her either way.




 



Comments on "Totally OK with being a ridiculous dog-parent"

 

Blogger Bernard said ... (10:49 PM) : 


You never need to explain or justify love

 

Anonymous Mike G said ... (2:11 AM) : 

I hear you mate, I have a Koolie, a Kelpie and my Darling Kitty and I love them all :)

Taco looks gorgeous

 

post a comment