/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Beginning to get Brigitte Bardot

All my adult life, I've seen photos of Brigitte Bardot. Beyond being another vintage (to me) beauty, I never really got the mystique. Apart from Marilyn, perhaps no other pinup of her generation had the same lasting impact on the pop culture zeitgeist.

But out of so many beautiful idealised women of the 50s and 60s, why did a generation fixate on Bardot?

My own reaction to Bardot was mostly "meh".

Then I saw this photo.

And I think I begin, just a little, to get it.

Comments on "Beginning to get Brigitte Bardot"

 

post a comment