/***********************************************/ /* HEADER */

It's a fine line between living for the moment and being a sociopath.

Patricia B McConnell: For The Love Of A Dog.

Pema Chodron: The Places That Scare You

Daniel Wallace: Mr Sebastian & the Negro Magician



All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are. --Pablo Neruda

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Not Coming to America

Sadly, this post on Jon Taplin's blog rang true to me.

Its not just the sad stories of British Muslim academics and filmmakers ... who have stopped coming into the U.S. because of all the profiling, but also the average European who has lost their taste for America.

I've spent the last several years in France and the UK. In neither place have I been surrounded by folks itching to vacation in the US. The mystique is gone, and the hassle of visiting the US is objectively greater than visiting any other free nation. I am left shaking my head.

Taplin's blog impresses every time I point my browser in its direction. I don't always agree, but I always learn.

..

Comments on "Not Coming to America"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 PM) : 

Houston, thank you for pointing me to Jon Taplin's blog. I appreciate the wit of your observations, too.

Mind you, this is just a lame comment so I can say: You're tagged!

 

post a comment